Dear Olivia,
Do you remember when we were playing anagrams in the piano room at the ol’ 2000 North, disputing a win and I said: “Okay, I’ll be reasonable. I win.”? I think we all laughed so hard we were crying. I’ve always loved your laugh.
Do you remember how I wrote your last birthday tribute to the tune of “'O Tannenbaum”? I loved how your family sang it to you when you went over to visit.
Do you remember when you and Ben came over for a Thai Spiced Winter Squash soup? We wish we lived closer so we could do that more often. We miss you!
Do you remember how your parents and I served in the same mission in Ecuador? I love having that connection. Plus, your mom was really nice to come up to the house to show us slides and give me some advice.
Do you remember how happy we all were (and are) that you married Beaner boy? We love having you in our family!
Happiest birthday to you, Olivia! I love you!
Love,
Ann
PS MD learned to say your name today--she says with the cutest accent!

2 comments:
You are so reasonable! And saying nice things about Olivia is very reasonable.
I had forgotten "I'll be reasonable." I can't stop laughing even now! Thank you dearly. I want to hear MD say my name! I need to add it to my list of "toddler's attempts at my name." :) My siblings all had a different version. I love you!
Post a Comment