where merrier tints her ameliorative brush may try
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Lighthouse Pursuit
There is something inspiring about lighthouses. The simplicity in the architecture and the echoed simplicity in it's function--a simple rotating light to help ships relocate and bring them safely in. The Savior is the lighthouse for each of us. When life seems it's darkest and stormiest the Savior's light can be seen from miles away. It doesn't take much on our part--just a steady look in His direction. Simple. It is we that make it complicated when we start using other methods. Why rely on compasses or other manmade tools when we have a sure and solid source?
Like a light house... (I don't remember the rest of that catchy EFY song...) But i love the black swirl I wonder why they used black and white did you learn on your trip?
"There's such a lot of different Anns in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I were just the one Ann it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting." -Anne from Anne of Green Gables
8 comments:
Great shots!! So fun to climb lighthouses, we never get tired of it.
I love that photo of you and Seth! So cute. Brendon is pretty cute too, though.
great analogy.
great photography.
Wonderful analogy, Ann. Thanks for the inspiring words and the beautiful pictures. It looks like you guys had a wonderful trip.
Like a light house... (I don't remember the rest of that catchy EFY song...) But i love the black swirl I wonder why they used black and white did you learn on your trip?
I agree lighthouses are so beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen one. Someday.
I know, we just complicate things, don't we, when it's so simple.
Wes, these two just both happen to be black and white. Lighthouses can be different colors and even shapes.
Post a Comment