Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Easter Bunny or Grandpa?




MD had her first visit from the Easter Bunny this past Sunday. From the look on her face, she was so pleased to know that the Easter Bunny and Grandpa Jones were one and the same!



MD's CF update:
We met with the pulmonologist yesterday who answered our million and one questions. He upped her enzyme intake and wants her starting on a new set of antibiotics after we finish the current one. He also helped us find a way to get her second nebulizer through the CF services.
One month from now, we will take her in to get an x-ray to see if her upper right lung is all cleared up (we hope, we hope, we hope).

MD's mood is so much happier, she now let's me put her down as she plays by herself (I'm loving how much I can get done). And, for the past two nights she gave us a 10 hour stretch! This is a blessing indeed; with all we need to do treatment wise and recovering emotionally, we need all the sleep possible. Thank you for your prayers and support. I KNOW the power of prayer is real.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Yeah!!! So glad to hear the optimism in your writing. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

The power of prayer is the Lord wrapping His comforting arms around you. It is so powerful. It has been a privilege to watch you love and nourish your little one both spiritually and physically. It has been a miracle to watch you rise to the task of being Mary Deanes hand picked mother capable of great things. I have felt like a kid in a candy shop being able to love on and babysit my first grandchild. What a gift. Hugs, grandma Jones

Ali said...

what wonderful news. it's great to hear these updates, thanks for sharing with all of us.
I am excited to be able to see you in about a week! Let me know about that...!

Shauna said...

Ann,
I hope you don't mind I found your blog through a friend's blog. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how beautiful your daughter is! We will certainly keep your family in our thoughts and prayers. My cousin has C.F. and has done pretty well with it.

Karlie and the kids said...

Haha I am so happy that you provided me with that picture. I actually showed it to my students and they laughed really hard. She looks like she is having the time of her life. I can't wait to come up this summer and love on her...oh and see you guys too ;)
Love Auntie Karlie

Christina said...

She looks INCREDIBLY pleased with herself, I must say! What an Easter Bunny!
I remember studying the scriptures in college and realizing that prayer is more powerful than most of us understand. I still think I'm far away from ever really grasping it.

Unknown said...

I've never been jealous of the Easter Bunny--until today. What a cute little Easter chick he's holding!

Rebecca said...

What a smile! So cute.

Jessica said...

Yay for 10 hour stretches! Here's hoping for LOTS more of those.

The Baker's Goods said...

what cute chubby checks she has!