Saturday, April 18, 2009

Learning to Laugh









I hate giving her the yucky aquadeks vitamins, but her body so needs them. She makes a face even before it meets her tongue due to the foul odor. Today I quickly put it in, trying to make it as quick and easy as possible so we could both move on to more pleasant things, but she sputtered it out with a betrayed look sent my way and then her hand proceeded to rub that orange guck all over her nose and face. For one second I felt a tinge of frustration but those big eyes and orange nose chased it away and replaced it with laughter. Yes, we're learning to laugh about it too.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

she'd be cute with mud all over her face!

Rebecca said...

That was your dad in the above comment. Oh, man. She is so cute. Glad you are laughing

Unknown said...

Orange ya glad she's yours!

Anonymous said...

here is a little tip that I learned when my children were babies, a quick blow on there face as soon as the meds go in causes a swallowing reflex...try it out.

Jordan said...

Giggling is way better than gagging.

Anonymous said...

That anonymous was not me (for the record)
Ann, you know I side with Mary Deane since I had to have that medicine after giving birth to Brendon. Nothing is worse than liquid iron....go Mary Deane. Hugs, grandma jones (ok, ok, oh, oh good idea coming as I write) what if you give her some of it then throw in some ice cream in the middle so that she doesn't know what is coming next? Just a thought. gmajones

Christina said...

I love it! I love that MD doesn't even realize that she's sick. She's just innocently trying to live her life, and she's decided she can TOTALLY do without the orange stuff. Frustrating for the parents, though, I can imagine...

Karlie and the kids said...

I love in the third and fifth picture down she is giving you that face of, "what mom? What did I do?" And then the two at the bottom she is giving the smile of, "oh I know exactly what I did!" I can't wait to see her soon! Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

They make these wonderful baby bottles that help you give medicine undetected.
http://www.bonnybabies.com/medibottle.htm

Happy Mom. Happy Baby.

Jessica said...

She looks awesome in orange!

Lanae said...

Very, very sweet. She looks so healthy and happy in all her pics. Our prayers are with you and your precious family. She's blessed to have you as parents. :)
Loves to you!
Lanae, Thayne, and boys