Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012




My little helper.  I love the splatters on his face.

MD carefully taking one seed out at a time.  Telling of their personalities.

Piecing the bread for the dressing--something I did every Thanksgiving as a little girl.  










Brendon's favorite part of the holiday.





We got more than one generous invite for Thanksgiving but we decided to play it safe, health-wise, and celebrate at home, just the four of us--our first Thanksgiving in our new home.  The savory smells in the early morning brought hundreds of happy memories to the forefront.  I was on cloud nine.  Life was as it should be, all four of us together working to make a wonderful feast to share our thanks and our giving.  The kitchen counters were crowded with preps, spices, dishes, and food patiently waiting to be assembled.  As I danced (at times literally) from one end of the kitchen to the other I watched my children at the table piecing the bread for the dressing--my duty as a little girl-- and deseeding the pomegranates, occasionally policed by Brendon.  I was pleased as everything came together and it gave me an even greater appreciation for my mother's seemingly effortless work that she did each holiday.  

My greatest thanks this year is for our settling lives after a chaotic and trying four months.  Our stuff from overseas has arrived, we've bought our first home, we are moved in, MD is adjusting to her new g-tube and her health is improving, Brendon is enjoying his job, Clark takes it all in stride, our stress and anxiety levels are decreasing, and life is good. Life is very good.   





5 comments:

Krisanne said...

The following things I deem fantastic:

The array of food! Anything with pomegranates gets my vote.

Your beautiful children.

Beautiful you.

Brendon's hair.

B said...

Brendon and I have the same favorite of the Thanksgiving meal! You all look great! Clark has red hair! Congrats on buying a home! Looks like a great meal - congrats on that too!

Carol said...

What a BEAUTIFUL feast you created all by yourself! I am so happy to hear that things are going so well. You're little family is often in my prayers.

Unknown said...

One word: YUM!
Makes me want Thanksgiving Dinner all over again!

M@mzelle Luciole said...

I see all these photos and I think: this is happiness looks like. :-)
thank you for sharing