Friday, August 24, 2012

More Clearly Blossomed




Swinging

Shifting from weighty to weightless
and back again.
Our senses revived
through the tender breeze and sway
and her suppressed laughter
opened and overflowed
allowing her childishness
to simply be.

Eyes lifted,
hers and mine together.
Forcing burdens to seep
into the earthy ground,
planting seeds of lessons learned
more clearly blossomed 
in future reflection,
but forever harvested.




7 comments:

Dianna said...

Beautiful!

Christina said...

You are an amazing writer, Ann! I could see the swing with all the figurative language flowing around it. I hope those swinging moments come more often to you both!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful words and beautiful photo of a healthy daughter!

B said...

What a relief to see a healthy pretty girl smiling. God bless, dear friend.

Sydney said...

I'm so glad to see that MD is feeling better!

olivia said...

Hello Ann!

Long story, but I am up at 4am, and just seeing these last 3 blog posts for the first time. (I fully admit I suffered from the Instagram infection to my Blogger use).

Just wanted to say we are thinking and praying for you Joneses. I hope you know you are strong. I'm speaking this Sunday on adversity, and I know you know it, but all doctrine points to the necessity of it; the value of conquering it. I remember being so confused by this concept in Primary—"of course there would still be good if there were no evil; it would all be sooo good!"

But, as you express here, you can't deny that the sweet is almost certainly sweeter after knowing the bitter.

Much love to you this mid-night!

Olivia

Unknown said...

Thank you for your prose perspective.
So glad you were all home together and celebrating Mary Deane's birthday.
Praying for her continued recover from the surgery!
LOVE YOU LOTS!