There's nothing like a fresh stack of textiles to get me excited. We braved the gritty (read non-touristy) souq today to look for fabric. The small shops are literally covered with material from wall to wall with only a small walkway to peruse the bolts of silk, polyester, cotton, linen and everything in between. I loved how the cloth absorbed the sound giving our conversation a soft yet dense reverberation. It went well with the smell of sandy dust as I thumbed through the flowered cotton swatches.
I've started creating again. And it's been good for my soul. Really good. I am once again feeling what I wrote about here.
To create. I can't stop thinking about what it means, and more particularly what I feel when I create. Elder Uchtdorf puts it perfectly:
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul...Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment...The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create. That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come. [T]rust and rely on the Spirit. As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."
The world within me is improving.
Get inspired here.


4 comments:
That looks like a mighty fine stack of fabric! Did you go a different place than we went?
So happy to see you blog again. I so look forward to reading each and every one of your beautiful blogs. Have fun creating. Hugs, tina, gramma, mom, tmpj
Can't wait to see what you create with yardage!
I love the print and color combo. Can't wait to see what you create.
Post a Comment