Thursday, June 9, 2011

Aloha 2011: Part One







































Aloha! Brendon's parents, Kevin and Tina, were extremely generous and flew us out to see them while they are living in Hawaii. Their one stipulation: bring the two minis with us. We had a blast! I told Brendon that it felt like ages since my senses had been so amply stimulated--the sights, sounds, tastes, feelings, and smells were invigorating. And since Kevin and Tina had "been there, done that" they were more than happy to entertain our littles while we swam under waterfalls, snorkeled at Electric Beach, walked with sand between our toes, and realized that Brendon and I still have that "spark" [even after an arduous day of long flights with multiple blow-outs (via Clark), and regrettable (but now laughable) under-our-breath remarks to each other]. It's a beautiful place and we sure had fun making memories together as a family with G&G Jones (mahalo to them!). Oh, and that last photo? Yeah, I had to bat my pretty little eyes to get him to do that!

7 comments:

No Big Dill said...

Fantastic photos, Ann! Looks so exotic. Glad you got to go :)

Judy said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you got to go and see new things. I've never been to Hawaii, but seeing your pictures I want to go!

Ali said...

well lucky you 2 (well, 4)!! What a trip-sounds fantastic!

Ben said...

i love the way you described it—the stimulation your senses needed.

why is hawaii such a must-see? it just is!

love the photos!

Anonymous said...

What fun for all!!! We are still reeling in the senses of baby and MD smells (the good and the not so pleasant ones) Heehee! Seriously the office still has baby smell in it and we love it. Our room still has some MD smell and our hearts love it. Thanks sooo much for coming and can't wait until the next adventure together. Looking forward to the posting of the cabana king and queen photos. LOl! Love you guys, tina, mom, gma

B said...

Great pics! I love Hawaii! What island where you on? So glad you go to go! Love Clark in the whale onesie.

Rebecca said...

Looks like paradise to me! Glad you had such a good time.