Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Absorbing


This is MD's third Christmas but her first to actually absorb it. And I love absorbing her while she does it. She was literally dancing in circles as I wrapped each limb with twinkle lights. I had to leave to buy three more strands (although it should have been four) and Brendon put her to bed while I was out. I came back, finished the lights, and started hanging the gold and red globes but missed hearing her excited chatter all around me. So, to Brendon's shock (and mine) I got our little sleeping chickadee out of her crib to join in the festivities. I can't get enough of her excitement for life. She is pure joy!

Sadly, a couple of days later our tree fell down announced by shattered glass and my surprised scream. As depressing as it was it felt like a rite of passage--we are officially in the midst of adulthood having survived a fallen Christmas tree. It is up again and just needs some re-trimming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so glad that you got her out of bed for the magic. It feels like some of the magic is gone in our house right now. Continue to enjoy every single moment. Love you all. Such a beautiful tree.
Hugs, gma, tina Jones

olivia said...

super-sad. i think i just heard tales of when your parents grew from the same rite of passage. broken glass in new mexico, i believe?

yes, christmas is without a doubt more magical with little ones.

Miss Gabe said...

Ann, my due date buddy, HOW ARE YOU?!?! The falling of the tree must have been our Penny up to some mischief right before her arrival 12/1/10 at 6:16pm. I am now a mommy and was thinking of your sweetness today hoping you are good.

Lots of love, Glen, Gabe and PENNY MAE!!

Unknown said...

YOUR TREE FELL DOWN?!
HOW DID IT HAPPEN?
WE LOST LOTS OF FUN ORNAMENTS WHEN OUR TREE TOPPLED.
GLAD YOURS IS UPRIGHT ONCE MORE.