We have a piano! I've played since I was 6 years old, learning on a Steinway baby grand. That magnificent piano curbed boredom, eased raw nerves, amplified the Spirit, satiated my creative appetite, and defined an important part of me. The last two years have been hard without one. I always assumed we'd have a piano for me and our children but down the road of course. Well, a search on Craigslist presented an opportunity only dreamt about-- an upright Kohler and Campbell piano for only 100 bucks in great condition! Its home, until recently, has been in a small church in Maryland used for choir practices and tuned yearly--what a steal! Of course, having it moved proved to be more expensive than the piano itself but we're working it out. Brendon has been sweet and supportive--even expressing interest in learning more himself. MD enjoys it just as much as I do and we've learned to take turns. There is nothing like producing your own music and feeling the instant change in our home.
We had to wait a week until its arrival and I actually lost sleep because of it. Not the stressful sort of sleep loss but the night-before-Christmas-excitement sort of sleep loss. I had dream after dream of it and being able to fill our home with its notes. I'm happy to say it's here (and I'm now sleeping more peacefully)!

7 comments:
Excellent news! I can't imagine getting that up your many flights of stairs! I remember you and Amanda playing hymns together. So happy you'll have this as another creative outlet.
Hooray! I'm jealous. I play Claudette's sometimes, but when you get that urge, it's nice to have it at your fingertips. I want to see a colored photo of it. It looks like a deep brown?
PS just in time for all the Christmas music!!
That's exciting!
I'm sorry to heard MD has been so sick - that must be hard.
That twosie dress is adorable on her. Btw, have I told you that I think she & Taya resemble each other a little bit - I already thought that & then Taya walked over & said over my shoulder about the cupcake picture where MD is crying - 'oh, look, I was sad!' - ha!
How are you feeling these days? I bet you're looking beautiful as ever!
ohhhhh Ann, Hooray!!!! I am soooo happy for you and your family. What joy to have something so uplifting in your home. Can't wait to hear all of you play it over the years. ((((Hugs))))Tina, gramma Jones So happy to see MD looking happy too.
You're going to have so much fun with that new piano!! Looks like your little girl likes her new 'toy' too ;-)
I remember your dedicated hours at the keys. Glad you have your own set now.
Post a Comment