I prefer squash to fruit. Even as a little girl, I loved my vegetables and had a difficult time with their sweet nutritional counterpart.
Pictured above is Spaghetti Squash, named for it's noodle-like form. It's a low-maintenance kind-of-dish--just stab it all over with a knife, stick it in a 375 degree oven for 1-1.5 hours, scoop out seeds, fork out the stringy noodles, melt in a little butter, and top it off with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Doesn't get any easier than that.
My fall favorite.

6 comments:
I have a spaghetti squash waiting to be cooked. I'll try your method. I am envious of your healthy dietary preferences!
we had that last night!!
like the close-up photo. Looks like yellow pasta or worms, or shiny threads of sunlight.
That looks so yummy!
yum! I made some last week. Though I added some brown sugar which tased great
if you can't wait that long, poke it and put it in the microwave for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size...)
i guess i'm impatient when it comes to my squash :)
Post a Comment