Monday, May 11, 2009

I Feel Like This When...




...I can't seem to get over my bad habits.

I feel ripe for a change.  I am a self-declared procrastinator; I always have been and hope to not always be so.  I think it's a form of laziness:  

"Oh, I'll do that later when I feel like it."  
"Oh, I don't have enough time for that right now."  
"Oh, that doesn't have to be done right away."

Today, so good so far.  I started by not starting tomorrow.  Any tips from recovering procrastinators?

6 comments:

No Big Dill said...

What exactly are you procrastinating? I'm starting a schedule for cleaning around here. Monday-laundry, Tuesday-bathrooms, Wednesday-ironing, etc. And then reward yourself with doing something you enjoy!

Brendon said...

So good so far for me too.

Anonymous said...

Great advice so far! The only way I get anything done is to write it down. When I live out of a weekly planner (organized and filled out once a week) things get done, if I wait for the mood to strike me, things don't get done. However, being the artsy type that I am one has to find and use many creative outlets so that the schedule doesn't get me down. This is advice given from one of the worst procrastinator's in the entire universe. :) Hugs, gma Jones

Rebecca said...

Yes, please! Help me! Actually ask Aunt Lynn. She NEVER procrastinates. How does she do it?

Unknown said...

I'll tell you later :)

Carol said...

Uncle Kurt read my mind exactly!!! ;)