Monday, November 24, 2008

Matchstick Pasta


I finally feel like cooking again since having Mary Deane. We're both tired of eating "quick fixin's". Today's lunch came from my favorite recipe website: 101 cookbooks. The author Heidi shares her healthy vegetarian concoctions through her articulate journal-type descriptions and artistic frame-worthy photos. This pasta salad plays with your tongue with its twist of flavors: matchstick linguine, slightly cooked kale, toasted pistachios, chilled pomegranates, and a pistachio and olive oil dressing.
One word: yum.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Please! Invite me over! That looks yummy.

Jordan said...

Ann!! That looks soooo good! I've got to check out that site. Is it a blog?

Jordan said...

Can I request more pictures of Mary Deane?

Ann said...

You most certainly can! And it's not a blog, just a recipe site.

Anonymous said...

Yum! What a delicious dinner. I'm so glad that you are feeling up to doing things around the house. :)

Anonymous said...

It is a major victory when you feel like cooking again. Good for you Ann. It looks beautiful and yummy. Oh, can I add to the "more pictures of Mary Deane" sentiment? A grandmother can never have too many pictures of her grandchild. Hugs, Grandma Jones

No Big Dill said...

Looks so sumptuous!

Do you just break the linguine, or do they come like that?

No Big Dill said...

I just looked up the recipe and think I'll be trying it very soon!

Unknown said...

They're selling pomegranates on the street corners. We will have to try this!