Sharing the nebulizer-love with daddy.
Playing Candy Land with mommy to pass the time
It’s been a long two months. But we’re happy to report that our chickadee is doing very well. Above are photos of her doing her brand new nebs. Four more have been added to her already heavy schedule and they’re here to stay indefinitely. Each added dose or treatment feels disproportionately difficult and overwhelming. It’s one more thing to remember. It’s one more thing for her to have to sit through. It’s one more thing to distract Clark while she’s doing it. It’s one more thing to pay for. It’s one more thing to time correctly so not to interfere with her other meds. It’s one more thing to keep stocked. It’s one more thing to sanitize. It’s one more thing to worry about side effects. And it goes on. But time is a magical thing. Eventually, it becomes one more thing that slides into place and becomes a part of our normal routine. I have watched all four of us adjust over and over and over and I marvel at how we do it. I try to put an explanation to it but can’t quite match it to anything. Except for one: God is good. He can change our natures. I’m not sure how it happens and I almost never perceive it when it does. But I know it is through the atonement, through righteous desires, through His love, and our trust in that love. It is what keeps me going.


10 comments:
I always tell Mahon that if I ever get a lung transplant, I don't know if I'll know what to DO with myself. Therapy has shaped the routine of my day for so long, I have no idea how I'd get by without it! Not that I wouldn't love to, but, you know.
Also, that top nebulizer? the cheap disposable one? It is possible to blow smoke rings with it. ;) Just in case you want to teach MD any new tricks! What are the new meds she is on?
She is looking so much like you, especially that last photo!
You are all so amazing. And always in our prayers. Love you.
Amen! I see the "one more thing" tiredness in your face at church, but I also feel the molding of your nature in your sweet heart. I honestly don't know how you and MD do it, but I am inspired as I watch.
What a sweet and beautiful little girl. You and your family are always in our prayers.
Thanks, Ann. I needed to hear that today. xo
You are incredible and so inspiring.
It's touching and life-changing to see the Atonement working so directly in lives, changing natures and strengthening bonds. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing these moments with us.
You and Brendon and especially Mary Deane are so moldable. A very good quality to have in the eternal scheme of things.
Oh Ann, the things we (I) take for granted, those things must have just fallen away, and continue to for you and your beautiful family. I hope someday I will get to meet you, I feel like I know all of you from knowing Jordan and getting to meet your parents, and there is a special place in my heart for you and yours.
I don't know you, but I read your blog intermittently. I keep thinking of MD, three times a day when we fire up our nebulizer for yet another treatment. My little nebulize-ee is not quite two years old and gets pneumonia regularly. It's just the icing on the cake of all her other medical problems so I totally get your comment, "It's one more thing that slides into place and becomes a part of our normal routine." Just one more layer. Carry on you brave warrior momma!
Post a Comment