One of my favorite parts of parenthood is living vicariously through my children. MD was so excited to get dressed up as a pumpkin. I'm convinced that she won't be anything but a pumpkin every time October 31st rolls around. She doesn't like spontaneity, so, to prep her for trick-or-treating I told her how one goes about getting candy: "You get all dressed up in your costume, knock on the door, say 'trick or treat' and then they give you candy!" After I finished she tilted her head in thought for a few moments, looked at me with a smile and said, "Tell me that story again, mommy." She was hooked.
That night as she quietly went from door to door, she showed she had a bit of her parents' personality. She was shy and actually made it a point not to say "trick-or-treat" but was resolute
in filling up her plastic pumpkin pale, even going to the same house twice despite her parents' petitioning to return. She had a good time.
Clark was his cheerful self, looking irresistible as a skeleton. He even scored a gum ball!
Happy Halloween 2011 from the Jones'!
4 comments:
I LOVE chubby skeletons! How did trick or treating work over there? Do you live in American apartments or something?
Oh so cute, those kids!
These two are my most favorite trick or treater's ever. I love this story about MD. She is such a special one that little pumpkin!!!! I adore that sweet chubby bag of bones in your arms. Lol. Hugs, mom, tina, gramma
I love the "Tell me that story again, Mommy" story. Halloween does kind of sell itself, doesn't it. You have cute trick-or-treaters!
Post a Comment