Thursday, July 14, 2011

Never In a Million Years...






...did I think I'd be living in the Middle East. We're moving next month to Doha, Qatar! Brendon was chosen to fill a new position for his work. We'll be there for two years. We're excited for this new adventure. I have always told Brendon how amazing life is with him to which he always replies: "Just stick with me, Babe." I wouldn't have it any other way.


Fun Facts about Qatar:

Only 20% of the population is Qatari

Qatar is slightly smaller than Connecticut

Gas costs $1.10 a gallon

Qatar became independent from Britain in 1971

Doha, Qatar will host the World Cup in 2022

Average temperature in the summer is low 100's

17 comments:

Jessica said...

So exciting Ann!

Emily said...

Wow! Very exciting news! I'm really looking forward to tracking your adventures there. :)

heather a bowles said...

Congrats! What a fun adventure you get to go on! So exciting! :)

Ali said...

WOW! ANN, that is QUITE the adventure. What a new world you get to experience! Can't wait to see how it goes. Such a fast move, too! GOOD LUCK...moving at all, let alone internationally takes quite the woman! love ya.

Lynette said...

OOOOH! That is so exciting. I'll love to see pics and hear all about it. Good luck with the move!

Rebecca said...

See you there!

candice said...

Ann, We'll be in your stake (LOL). We also have friends moving out there in August for a fellowship---they'll be there for two years as well. They are SUPER awesome, I'll have to give you their contact info. Good Luck, crazy that you leave in a month---did something fall through with the 'other' guy? What is Brandon's language? Seems really random, but very exciting!

jph said...

Exciting news! Did Julianne tell you we're in DC area for a few weeks? I'm in Bethesda (been here since Sunday). Julianne, Asher, and Annette will arrive next Wednesday. We'll be staying until Aug 6. Let us know if you need any help boxing things or with childcare.

hillary and britton said...

WOW! How exciting. My Dad has done some research there, and I've looked at his photos, but I don't really know much else about it! I'm excited to read about your adventures there

Ashley Thalman said...

I love it!!!

Tasha said...

WOW! What an adventure!

Breanne said...

Wow. That's an incredible change! My thought in reading that was that special people like you can handle special experiences like that. It just seems like it fits you guys (from what I've seen here) to have a cultured experience coming your way.
Can't wait to hear about it!!!

Love your cukes (as you called them) & those flag/background pictures - great idea! ... And that charmer picture of MD!

Oh yeah, and by the way, maybe my little 1 year old (yesterday!) daughter Dyllan has a crush on your lil' babe b/c she immediately began flirting through the computer screen when she saw his pictures.

Good luck as you prepare!!

Unknown said...

We're packing our bags!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you all. It is a wonderful life, traveling and seeing the world. You are a wonderful wife to go on the journey with Brendon. Let us know when we can book our visit. Hugs, tina, mom, gramma

Gonzalez Family said...

Wow! That will be such an adventure. You've made me so curious as to what Brendon does.

Stacia said...

Wow! That is exciting news! You just made it to the top of my "Friends with the Most Interesting Lives" list... not that you ever left it. ;)

Good luck!

Bethany said...

my friend and her husband are living in qatar right now!! i should give you her contact info and you can get the scoop. so exciting!!