Friday, July 8, 2011

He Adores Her...

Breakfast time at the Jones': MD saying good morning on the phone to daddy at work, and Clark chilling in his highchair.


...and this photo proves it. Clark loves to watch her and her toddler ways. He's got a mini mother in Mary Deane--she is his pacifier re-plugger, swing pusher, head kisser, toy giver, laugh maker, drool wiper, and good exemplar. I'm glad they have each other. I have a feeling that when they're older he'll look out for her; she's already doing such for him. Whenever we are hustling around getting ready to leave the house she frantically says, "Wait! Wait! Clark needs to come!".

They say siblings will be your longest relationships, outlasting all others. It's weird to think this may not be the case with these two. We don't know how long we'll have MD here with us on earth but I'm grateful the eternal bonds that have been made between Brendon and me know no bounds. It will bless these two. It will bless generations. But, there is something about this time on earth that I don't want to let pass me by. It's an intense time, when opposition will be its greatest. I am determined to enjoy the here and now; to have a life steeped in joy for the little things.

3 comments:

Gonzalez Family said...

I got teary reading this post. They are such adorable kids. It is always so exciting for me to see children just a little older than mine will be so I can imagine the sweet relationship the two of them will have.

Unknown said...

These two are celestial!

Jessica said...

This post made me emotional too--you are forced to face mortality in s way most of us font even fathom. I'm sure you truly cherish each day in a way most of us do not. I love sibs!