We're not the same people we were two years ago when Mary Deane was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis--a disease that has fueled the refiner's fire in our lives. And it will continue to have it's fiery flames purify and fine-tune us. I am grateful that we are where we are now and not just beginning that arduous process of acceptance, adjustment, and amelioration. Those three words aren't just happenstance alliterations but three actual aspirations that we have longed and worked for on a daily basis. There has been nothing like it. Nothing like it has brought me to my knees with such force or passion. Nothing like it has strengthened my knowledge of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Nothing like it has made the veil thinner or family more important. Nothing like it has kept the Plan of Salvation in the forefront of our lives. Nothing like it has confirmed the absolute dependence that we have on our Creator. Nothing like it has made me love more fiercely and enjoy life more fully. Yes, it's a terrible disease but I would be ungrateful if I didn't thank Him for it's refining fruits.
MD is one special little girl. As paradoxical as it may seem, I have already seen how she has been prepared to not only fight CF but to also embrace it. She is strong-willed but soft-hearted. Her compassion towards others astounds me. She fights hard to get what she feels she deserves but her obedience is even stronger. Her life, according to statistics, will be shortened but she does and will live it with more vigor than anyone I know. She never ceases to teach and amaze us. Oh, how I love her!


8 comments:
I can't believe she's so big she does her own nebs. What an absolute sweetheart. You are awe-inspiring and we love you ALL!
my eyes are welling up as I write this...so beautiful Ann. You are such a prolific writer. MD came to the right home and she will return to the right home with her Father in Heaven one day, maybe sooner than any of us would want or imagine but we too are thankful for her and all that she (and her parents) continue to teach us about the things that really matter. Love you all so much. Can't wait to talk and play with MD and Clark in May. Hugs, gramma, tina
You are an incredible writer. I am so impressed at how well you express yourself and your strong testimony of our Savior. MD is such a beautiful little girl. I can only imagine how much she will cherish reading these posts in the future as they show her one more aspect of how much you love her.
Such a beautiful tribute to your whole family and the power of guidance from above! love you!
Ann, you and Brendon have embraced Mary Deane and her disease. The first is easy, the second is harder than I or anyone can imagine.
You have set an example for me of how to take adversity and make it holy and purifying.
Thank you!
anne, you are simply beautiful, in every sense of the word. what a lovely blog you have, it is so inspiring. you are so amazing, and kind, humble, talented, unassuming, gosh i could go on and on. I wish we could hang out just so you could rub some of your amazing-ness on me!!
this post is so tender, i really appreciate your honest words of acceptance, and joy. you are such a great example of what each of us should strive to be.
thanks for your words, your pictures and most of all yourself.
I can't believe it's been two years since MD was diagnosed. I remember talking to you about it for the first time as I sat in a hospital room with my new baby, thinking about all the hard adjustments and feelings you must have been going through. I also can't believe how BIG and beautiful your daughter has become in two years! I see her looking so sweet and mature as she does her own nebulizer, and I think about the pictures you posted of her lying in a little hospital crib when she first was diagnosed. What a difference. You've all come so far together. You all look so strong and more beautiful than you did before, if that makes any sense. Thank you so much for sharing the journey with the rest of us. You guys and your wonderful little girl have made us all better people.
What an example you are and what a bright spot your blog is. Thank you for reminding me how paradoxical life can be. It makes me think that sometimes the hardest, most treacherous journeys lead to the most beautiful and breathtaking vistas.
How blessed I am to know you!
Post a Comment