Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Name and A Blessing


I made his blessing outfit out of white baby corduroy and hand embroidered his initials in the front.











Clark Vaughn Jones. That is one strong name, even without knowing it's history. I love saying it out loud and hearing it's noble undertones. It fits him, my little gentleman. The name Clark comes from both sides of the family--my mother's maiden name and Brendon's maternal grandmother's maiden name. The name Vaughn is Brendon's middle name and Clark will be the fifth generation to carry it.

Last Sunday Brendon blessed and named Clark. It was a humbling and testimony building experience. Afterwards, I felt of it's sacredness as we discussed it's significance with family. What a blessing this boy will be to our family.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel blessed to be a part of this weekend with you and yours. Love the photographs.

B said...

He's so handsome, Ann. I'm so impressed not just that you MADE his blessing outfit, but that you sewed his initials onto the corduroy! It's adorable!

Tasha said...

His blessing outfit is wonderful! The cousins pictures are darling!