
Mary Deane and I discovered a picturesque little trail this week--a little forest hidden among the neighborhood streets. It started out as a determined vigorous walk with MD in stroller, but neither one of us could ignore all the little surrounding discoveries. So, out came MD and our march slowed to a meander. MD discovered the delight of throwing a helicopter seed in the air and watching it whirl to her toes (I remember my mother teaching me this same phenomenon). She deadheaded her first dandelion(s), squawked at scampering squirrels, and rooted about until she found herself a rock (which her hand vigilantly cupped the whole way home). We love our nature walks.

5 comments:
Last spring was the first one with Mia walking, and we did the same exact stuff. It's so magical! A woman stopped us one day and told us that Mia and I reminded her of her and her own daughter years ago. Now her daughter is in college. Makes me realize that these wonderful moments with our little ones go by way too fast!
Loved your description of Mary Deane discovering little miracles of nature.
life is so precious when seen through the eyes of a child, especially your own child. can't wait to go on walks with you. hugs, gramma jones
I forget to document Clover's firsts such as these. Thanks for the diligent reminder.
Oh so cute!
Post a Comment