
Isn't he handsome? Our love was at first sight and gets clearer with every day. I never grow tired of talking about when we first met, our courtship, engagement and marriage; they were actually one in the same with how fast it happened. He said he knew the moment he saw me that I was his eternal companion. And to his credit, he didn't tell me until we were engaged so as to not interfere with my decision. It puts me in a giddy mood just thinking about it.
We were both teachers at the MTC and had a training meeting. He arrived first and sat on the front row. I walked in, and was immediately greeted with the most charming hi you have ever heard. As I walked in, I intended to sit towards the back (I'm shy and didn't want to be too forward; plus, I have never liked to sit in the front in fear of being called on) but it was as if someone’s hand was physically impelling me to sit in the front row, conveniently next to this handsome guy. To this day, I still remember the thoughts going through my mind: “Why am I sitting here? I hate sitting in the front row! What am I doing?” Then I affixed myself with the seat and that is now up there with one of the best decisions of my life. My mother and I like to think it was my deceased grandmother, Mary Deane’s hand pushing me to sit next to my future husband.
Neither one of us remember what the subject of training was. We had activities that we were supposed to do by rotating partners but the two of us just stayed together the whole time. The conversation was cozy and natural and I remember the way his knees framed my desk as he leaned in close to help me find a page in the binder--oh the chemistry!
After the meeting, the teachers were socially chatting and I mentioned that I needed a ride home to the group, hoping Brendon would offer a ride but he hadn’t driven that night and so couldn’t do me the favor. But before we parted, he asked if I was going to the language training that Friday. I didn’t exactly know what he was talking about but I remember thinking that I was definitely going to find out where and when this meeting was and I was going to make sure I was there. At least we left knowing each other’s names.
I got home, saw my mom’s studio light on, walked in to where she was hooking her rug and did nothing but smile. My mom smiled back and replied with a drawn out “what?!”. I dreamily told her “I met someone” and continued to tell her all about this amazing man I had just met.
That night I had to go to the church for a calling interview but when I got back both my brother Ben and my mom were excitedly waiting to tell me that someone had called me and that “it was a guy!” and said he would call back. I was giddy, giddy, giddy! And only nine blissful weeks later, we were married in the Provo temple.

8 comments:
I love this story. It made me smile.
What a sweet story! It made me smile as well!
aaaaaaah, soooooooooooo romantic. love you both, love hearing the story over and over too....hugs, tina jones
Oh, I'm all giddy just reading it! It's so incredibly romantic, especially that he called you THAT NIGHT! You rock, Brendon.
You two, now three, were meant to be!
That is the best story and one we have told the missionaries over and over again!
Nine weeks? Wow, sometimes love happens quickly and with ease! How fun!
NINE WEEKS! I gotta hear this story in person sometime, Ann!
Post a Comment