Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolute in 2010


resolute |ˈrezəˌloōt; -lət|
adjective
admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering

Did you know, most people give up on their New Year's resolutions by February 17? Sad.

This year, I'm taking my resolutions seriously. I've made them in the past, written them down in my journal, and abandoned them almost as soon as my pen left the page. Not this year. I hope to epitomize the definition of being resolute. Change is HARD. But possible. My mother has recently shared with me the importance of initiative and diligence. I think, for the most part, we have the initiative down--the getting started. I've heard that getting started is the hardest part but I'm not so sure about that. Yes, it's hard but that diligence always gets me. Not this year. My battle plan to defeat my lack of diligence is to start out with small, doable goals.

1. End Goal: make my prayers always sincere. Doable For Now: pray for specifics.
2. End Goal: put Brendon's happiness first. Doable For Now: Give him more back rubs.
3. End Goal: never procrastinate. Doable For Now: put my clothes away immediately (silly, I know).
4. End Goal: exercise 5 times a week. Doable For Now: exercise once a week.
5. End Goal: defeat my anxiety. Doable For Now: say a prayer when those feelings start to creep in.
6. End Goal: be more productive. Doable For Now: make a small daily list of what I want to get done.
7. End Goal: always remember important dates. Doable For Now: write down birthdays and anniversaries in our calendar.
8. End Goal: have hope always. Doable For Now: pray for it daily.
9. End Goal: long hair.Doable For Now: just gotta let it happen.

7 comments:

No Big Dill said...

First of all, I can tell you're loving that new camera of yours!

Secondly, I love your list. Yes. Change is hard, and that's why my list is small. Once I get a grip on those (except for the 6-pack!), I'll take on a couple more.

Love you, so!

cindy baldwin said...

Great list idea! And a lot of those are things I need to work on myself...

Anonymous said...

I love how you wrote down your end goal and then what you can do now to acheive that. Slow and steady wins the race. :)

Karlie and the kids said...

If you ever need help remembering dates for our family you can just call me. That is totally doable! Also the thing I love about the gospel is that we are constantly making "resolutions" to become more like Christ! Love you

Rebecca said...

I love the big and the small because really, the big is just lots of small. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Bravo! I'm very impressed.

Ali said...

long HAIR???
oh it will be beautiful.