Dear Ashley,
Do you remember when we hiked Squaw Peak and we were hiking so fast (you always do) and I
thought my heart was beating really hard and loud and it turned out to be some woodpecker thumping
its beak against a trunk? You still tease me about it.
Do you remember when we lay on my bed with our feet shooting straight up from our hips and dancing
to some upbeat music? Being silly is one of my favorite things about you.
Do you remember when we cried together as we shared the difficulties of new motherhood? Your
understanding looks were so comforting to me.
Do you remember driving to 1 dollar scoop Tuesday at Baskin Robins in your little grey truck,
listening to Coco Rosie? You were kind to include me.
Do you remember all the photo shoots we did--me sticking my face out of playground equipment, me
holding our bed head chicken in the play-dead position, you writing trampoline on my cheek pointing at my
stitches? You have always been amazingly creative.
Do you remember coming to DC and eating that yummy gazpacho soup with cucumber sorbet? We are
still Knudsen food snobs.
Do you remember the drive home from the airport with all 8 of us (you had just got back from Wales)
and I asked what you brought home for me? Mom got mad at me for being rude but I knew you had
something because you’ve always been thoughtful like that. It was a really cool vanilla chapstick, by the way.
Do you remember when we made fun of Jordan’s flaring nostrils (see here)? I love laughing with you.
So, I know you probably don’t remember everything--it’s not one of your strong points :) --but I am
grateful for all my Ashley memories. I love you and happiest birthday to you!
Love,
Ann

7 comments:
This post was hilarious. I love Ashley and I love you remembering (because won't remember any of this)
I meant to say because Ashley won't remember any of this. I always leave out words.
Love the memory remembering.
Love the birthday girl.
Btw, my brothers and I have had the same heart-thumping experience while hiking, and we all thought we were dying of a heart attack or something.
Rude.
Great post though.
I love learning about sweet Ashley. Happy Birthday!
Thanks Ann, glad I have you as my memory bank!
Post a Comment