Saturday, October 3, 2009

CF Voices


I came across this on the New York Times website--the stories of Cystic Fibrosis Patients and their caretakers. I haven't had an immense amount of contact with other CF families, so, to hear their stories brought out some tender emotions. Hear them for yourselves HERE.

5 comments:

Karlie and the kids said...

My favorite part of listening to all of those was reading about how their parents all let them lead a normal life. They let them run and jump and play with their other siblings. What great parents they were that let their kids find "joy in the journey."

Anonymous said...

hmmm, swimmer or runner? Which one do you think MD will choose? Ann, thanks sooo much for making it possible for all of us to read these stories.
Hugs, Tina

Unknown said...

The NY Times piece was so interesting.
I was intrigued with the black inflatable vest that a couple of them were wearing. What age does Mary Deane start to use one of those?

Rebecca said...

I loved how optimistic they are and how they adjusting to the lifestyle you are experiencing. Thanks for more information.

Christina said...

I finally got some time to sit down and watch these stories. There are so pretty amazing people who have become stronger through the illness. I'll be MD will be like that as she grows (and you and Brendon, too!).