Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vibrant, Deep, and Ample

These two red beauties will be playing with my taste buds today.  Red Habanero is their title--known for their vibrant color, deep herbal flavor, and ample heat.  I am finally accomplishing one item on my "want-to-do" cooking list: Vegetarian Ceviche.  I fell in love with this piquant dish while serving a mission in my lovely Ecuador.  Traditionally, it is made with Aji peppers but after searching through all the local grocery stores I settled on the Red Habanero, but with no disappointment.  I'm excited to see what it brings to the table.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HOT!HOT!HOT!

Rebecca said...

Holy Moly! Those might blast your ears off! Let us know what happens.

Jordan said...

Yes, I'll be anxious to hear how you survive the habenero heat!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that these were one of the hottest peppers around until after I ate them. Wow! You'd never believe that I grew up in Southern Arizona eating Mexican food. I always steered clear from the peppers because my dad and brothers eyes and noses were running as they ate them. Hee hee
Tina