Friday, September 25, 2009

The Holy Among the Messy: One and the Same

Three long days in the hospital. We were released and as I walked through our door I scanned our the chaotic mess we left behind as we rushed to go to the ER. I turned to Brendon and said, “what a beautiful mess”. For it meant we were home.


The holy among the messy.




“We glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us” (Romans 5:3–5).

The apostle Paul and Joseph Smith both gloried in tribulation, knowing that God would deliver them.


The holy among the messy.




Mary Deane's body is in a constant battle with itself. It doesn't function as it should. But the fact that she does have body, one for which she shouted for joy, means she has the holy opportunity to come to earth to be tried, to have her very heartstrings wrenched and to experience love and joy and to show her Heavenly Father that she will do His will so she can return to be with Him.


The holy among the messy.




I feel I am far from glorying in tribulations but I could not be nearer in knowing that God has a plan, He is aware of the very details, His watchful eye is over Mary Deane and over our family. He shares our burdens. I do glory in that--the holiness of it all, and I’m working on glorying in the mess, because sometimes, they are one and the same.


6 comments:

Christina said...

You are just simply amazing, Ann. Don't let Satan ever tell you otherwise. Thank you for sharing you amazing insights and testimony with all of us. It leaves me inspired and hopeful every time.

We're still praying for Mary Deane!

No Big Dill said...

You see the holy more clearly when there is messy to compare it to. That Mary Deane is so blessed to have two amazing parents like you and Brendon.

Rebecca said...

Yes, Mary Deane is so blessed to come to your loving, spiritual home! And she is one amazing little girl.

Unknown said...

Love the Romans scripture. Love how you apply it to your "mess".

Jordan said...

There's no place like home. Mary Deane is so loved, by all of us and all of you!

hillary and britton said...

MD is in our prayers as are you and Brendon