Next to our marriage, MD is the best thing we've made happen
Occasionally, I meander through the archives of family's and friends' blogs--admiring their comings and goings, their ups and downs, their varying dinner menus, their birthday tributes; in short, I admire their lives. I love doing this. It makes me excited for my own life, both what has come and what's to come. It inspires me to do what my Grandpa Clark always advised: "make good things happen". Life is what life is. We never know exactly what will be thrown our way but if we only realized the power we have to throw into it exactly what we want to get out of it. We want to be happy? Throw in some positive attitude. We want our burdens lessened? Throw in some daily service. We want to be closer to God? Throw in some prayer and scripture study. We want a loving spouse? Throw in your love. We want respectful children? Throw in your respect for them. For me, this is a powerful concept and something I've been working on a long time--you make your own happiness.

4 comments:
Thanks Ann, I needed that wonderful reminder. Hope you are having a super day with your two super cuties (husband and daughter). Hugs, Tina
Grampa Clark often said that.
It has a lot to do with two things-
attitude and effort. You have both!
Ann, you are so sweet. MD has the most gorgeous eyes! Good job you two!
You do make your own happiness, but as a mother, you also are the foundation for everyone else's happiness for a while.
Great post. Thanks for the reminders.
Post a Comment