Friday, April 10, 2009

Waking Up





MD reading with Grandma Jones



For some reason, the instant I wake up, I know exactly how I feel. I’m not talking about the “I feel good” or “I feel happy” sort of feelings but the deep down feelings that are not only felt by my body but by my spirit. The first morning after learning about MD’s diagnosis (and each time I awoke in the night to feed and comfort her) I awoke with a heavy heavy heart. My eyes would open and make their way to sleeping Mary Deane, not in her new cute green and white crib (thanks to the Hamiltons and Mangums) nor to the quiet sound of cardinals chirping in the newly blossomed cherry trees outside, but in a metal crib accompanied by the sounds of nurses and doctors scurrying back and forth in the hallway. “No” I would tell myself, “this isn’t happening, this isn’t real, we don’t belong here.” That was yesterday.


I know many have joined us in praying for a miracle. And today, I experienced one: I awoke with a lightened, hopeful heart. My body and my spirit feel encouraged. En-couraged. I feel more courageous today. This is my miracle.


We can do this.


Thanks to all of you for your prayers on our behalf. We truly feel them.


9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes. We will do it with you.

Unknown said...

Your courage gives me courge.
Love you!

Christina said...

I hope a combination of the prayers offered and the Atonement can boost you to unlimited courage and hope. May your bosom be filled with light at a time when it is so easy to only feel darkness!

Jordan said...

I feel that miracle, too.

The Baker's Goods said...

I wish I could be there in person to encourage, love and hug you!

Karlie and the kids said...

I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of her with my mom because she is just a mini you! She is so cute. The funny part was then I looked at the picture of her sleeping and she is a mini Brendon! Sleeping and eating is what we Joneses do best! Love you guys and am praying for you! Call me if you need to.

Carol said...

Soooooo grateful for your miracle. And your clarity.

Anonymous said...

So blessed to have so many courageous people in her life. So new, so young and already teaching us all so much. Hugs, grandma jones

Charlotte said...

Ann, God is with us. Love and prayers are coming your way. Always Auntie C.