Monday, April 27, 2009

Directly




“That’s just how it goes” he tells as if to comfort me. This man is obviously a stranger to the pain, the ache, and exhaustion of it all. I refuse to chalk it up to chance. My sweet MD is far too important and far too precious to have CF just because “that’s how it goes.” I know he meant well and I don’t hold it against him, but it hurt to hear it.


Our Creator is aware of the very details of our lives and no stranger to the pain, the ache and exhaustion of it all. During moments of weakness I turn to the arm of man for comfort only to relearn that it is fleeting and insufficient. I know, and have experienced, that many times He will use others to console us but I know just as many times, He allows us to go directly to Him for comfort through prayer, scriptures, and the Holy Ghost. How grateful I am for this restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Was that the doctor? We all need to learn to see how God sees, don't we. Thank you for doing that!

Rebecca said...

And yes, she adorable.

Rebecca said...

Oh man. I am talking like a Korean. She IS and ALWAYS adorable.

Unknown said...

HE is in the details. And as you said,
He is no stranger to what you and Brendon and Mary Deane are feeling and thinking and experiencing.
Ignore the stranger.

No Big Dill said...

I have been so impressed with you, Ann. Yes, He is our deepest source for comfort. The only eternal thirst-quencher.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, I too have felt pain as people ask about my grandaughter and they say things like "oh, she'll be ok, have faith, it's no big deal and, worst of all a family member who said she did not have time to spearhead fund raising for CF in St. George. As I turn to Kevin to discuss these things we both turn to our Savior who knows this little sparrow and her very loving parents. I am so sorry that this is so hard for you. When I hurt the most in my life, only the Lord could offer any real comfort and peace. I love you, TJ

Christina said...

Beautifully said, Ann. The arm of flesh is indeed fleeting and will let us down every time. I feel sad for those who think they only have the arm of flesh to turn to.