Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Count Your Blessings


My heart aches for her.
Her words are inspiring.
I complain too much and count my blessings too little.


I'm sure most of you are already reading her posts but if not, please take time to read this one today.

8 comments:

Christina said...

I felt exactly the same way when I read the blog entry about motherhood(and you're right--I totally read nienie already). I'm so grateful to be healthy, to have a healthy baby, and to have the opportunity to take care of her every day.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning. Several sisters in my ward read NieNie and because of your family I now read NieNie. Each entry is so sobering, so thought provoking and so filled with realness. Life can be far too real at times. NieNie reminds me just how strong we can all be no matter how real it becomes. The thought of living it without the plan of salvation is so sad. I pray for the strength each day to open my mouth with christian courage like NieNie does every day. God bless NieNie.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know who posted the previous post, it's me, Tina, mom-in-law,grandma to Mary Deane. I didn't want you to think it was from some stranger. Hugs to you today Ann. I love you.

No Big Dill said...

You've got a great mother-in-law!

Yes, I complain way too much. Through her trials we are being blessed. It doesn't seem right, but then we should change because of it.

Carrie Jones said...

Hi Ann,

who is NieNie? Do you know her outside the blogging world?

Ann said...

She is Lucy Clark's older sister. She was in a plane crash in August. 80% of her body was burned. Her courage and optimism has been very inspiring.

Mandy said...

I whole-heartedly agree. Her post that day brought such a sense of gratitude to me for what I have.

Sorry I've been so bad about commenting lately, Ann! I love the beauty and uplifting-ness of your posts. It's good to be back here tonight.

Anonymous said...

I am a great fatalist and believe eveything happens for a reason, even if at the time we cannot understand why 'him up stairs' shovels 'shit' on us. We can look back in times to come and realise why and I think roses can only grow with manure chucked on them now and again.
You know, fate showed me here today. I was meant to read such. Thanking, you.