Sitting cross-legged on our dorm-room beds we exclaimed: “You read Archie Comics? I love Archie Comics!” And our friendship began. We went to the same high school; she was into drama, and I was into art. Our paths never really crossed but we had mutual friends and ended up as freshman college room-roommates. Now, she is one of my dearest friends.
I later learned she was actually afraid of me after our first phone conversation (I am NOT good over the phone) and even avoided me the first night in the apartment. We laugh about it now because during our first real conversation, the type where you get past the awkward small talk, we discovered our multiple paralleled likes and dislikes as if we were always meant to be friends.
I call Christina my “spiritual friend”. We connect spiritually. Conversations flow deeply and she’s the kind of friend who understands you as if she were you.
Trusting Christina is no challenge. Her life is proof of her dedication to those she loves and I’ve never questioned our friendship.
To Christina: “thank you for being you!” and I hope your birthday is fabulous!
(I love this photo--I'm 4 moths pregnant, and you are holding 4 month-old Mia. We'll never stop being alike!)

4 comments:
I don't think "thank you" is enough! Thank you SO MUCH for being such an amazing friend through the years! Your words mean more to me than you'll probably ever know.
I got your card in the mail yesterday--once again, "thank you" is not doing the job here. You're the greatest "room-roommate" anyone could ask for! It's been a privilege to have so much in common with such a special person like you.
What a blessing to have a good friend!
AAAaaaawwww! I miss that girl! I am going to make a quick stop over to her blog... Thanks Ann!
Oops! I guess it's private. Could I ask you a little favorcito? Maybe mention to her that I want a peek of her blog? (pretty please)
Post a Comment